Basic Elderberry syrup gets a face lift! This quadruple immunity boosting blend will have your body on defense! Leave then out. Take 1-2 tsp daily for adults on or at the onset of illness.
Ingredients: Elderberries*, Echinacea Root*, Astragalus Root*, Reishi Mushroom Slices*, Ginger root or powder*, Orange peel*.
All ingredients are dried and organic. To make a syrup, you will need honey or sugar (not included.)
1 oz Resealable Packaging, Makes 8 oz Syrup
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a stockpot.
- Cover with water until about even level, approximately 1 cup.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to simmer or low. Cover with the lid.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by half.
- Turn off the heat, allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Pour the elderberry mixture into a glass measuring cup or measuring vessel. This mixture should be about 4 oz.
- Return the decoction to the stove and add equal parts honey to this mixture. Turn the heat on low.
- Allow the honey to heat up, just until it mixes well. If desired, cook additionally until it thickens to a true syrup consistency.
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.